Hello my loves!
It’s been a while since I’ve felt compelled to write a review. Partly because I haven’t gotten my hands on much worth sharing, but mostly because I haven’t been taking that much time to pamper myself. I’m sure there are plenty of you who can relate!
Anyway, winter is in full swing now and my skin has taken a hit. My knuckles crack, my lips are chapped, my skin is just not loving the cold, dry air.
Generally I can get away with only using coconut oil as a moisturizer, but lately that hasn’t been enough and I’m needing something that will really penetrate my skin.
Today I wanted to share something that I’ve been loving on lately: 100% Pure’s Body Scrub in French Lavender. You can find it here.
It makes my skin deliciously smooth and helps to exfoliate off all of the dry skin, gently but effectively and leaving behind a silky layer of oils.
I’ve been using this quite a bit lately, but you can still kind of see some oil sitting on top. When I first opened it up, there was a thick layer of that I could mix the salt in. So much in fact, I could rub some oil on my body once I rinsed the salt off.
It really feels luxurious. I just put some in my hand and smooth it over my body, taking care to spend extra time on rough patches: i.e. knees, elbows, feet, etc.
The scent is mild and lovely. I will say however, that this it isn’t the standard lavender smell that I love– this is French Lavender.
Before I really got into essential oils, I never realized how much variety exists within individual species of flowers. If you’re like me, you prefer English lavender, or even Lavandin; but this still smells beautiful and clean. The scent might be affected since it has so many other essential oils and extracts as well– which considering the benefits, I’m okay with. Next time, I’ll try a different scent.
I could probably make my own body scrub that smelled just how I liked, but it certainly wouldn’t contain half as many as these skin-healing ingredients. Look at this:
- Sea Salt (French Sea Salts)
- Butyrospermum Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil
- Euterpe Oleracea Pulp (Acai) Oil
- Vitis Vinifera (Grapeseed) Seed Oil
- Prunus Armeniaca Fruit (Apricot) Oil
- Fucus Vesiculosus (Seaweed) Extract
- Extracts of Calendula Officinalis Flower (Calendula)
- Opuntia Tuna Fruit (Prickly Pear)
- Punica Granatum (Pomegranate)
- Euterpe Oleracea Fruit (Acai Berry)
- Lycium Barbarum Fruit (Goji Berry)
- Morinda Citrifolia Fruit (Noni)
- Aristotelia Chilensis (Maqui Berry)
- Sambucus Canadensis (Elderberry)
- Rubus Fruticosus Fruit (Blackberry)
- Rubus Idaeus Fruit (Raspberry)
- Lavandula Augustifolia Oil (Lavender Essential Oil)
- Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed
- Lonicera Caprifolium Flower
- Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract
What keeps me coming back time and time again to this brand is the purity in their products. No dyes, no fillers, no yucky ingredients, that’s the complete list. For someone who has extremely sensitive skin, this isn’t something I compromise on. You can browse their site here.
This scrub has become a staple in my shower ritual lately. As a mom of a 2 year old, let’s be honest, I don’t have time to indulge in myself all of the time like I used to…but even if I have to take a 5-minute shower, this makes me feel like I get to slow down, if only for a moment, to just pamper myself…It makes a difference for me.
Do you have any organic skincare products that you adore? Let me know! I’m always looking for new suggestions to try!
With love and light,
Browse their site today! For my U.K. 🇬🇧 beauties, click here.